Pam's visit - No JO (northern Jordan)


The next day Pam and I explored Amman while Aaron and Noah puttered around ACOR. We started at the Citadel, taking in the Museum, the Umayad palace, Temple of Heracles, and Byzantine churches and houses, before heading down the stairs to the Roman theater and its Folk Museums. We visited my favorite art/cultural center, Darat al Fanun, where we found that all of the exhibits were closed for installation. Bummer. Its still a beautiful spot though. We wandered around the neighborhood (Jebel Weibdah) and trolled through the National Art Museum before heading back to ACOR and out to Reem al Bawadie for dinner.
The following day we all headed to Jerash. We climbed around the ruins and admired the wildflowers (which really were spectacular). Back at ACOR, Pam and I walked to our local suq and did some shopping.
Aaron left at some funny hour in the morning for Malta and Noah and Pam and I headed for the airport after breakfast the next morning. After a fairly uneventful send off (during which Noah and I bluffed our way all the way up to immigration with Pam. In bluffing our way out, I was told that I spoke ‘camel arabic’. True. But ouch.), Noah and I hopped the airport bus and headed back to the city.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am always floored by the great pictures you take! Thank you for letting us all enjoy your time in the Middle East. Nancy